S O U N I O
Aegeon beach hotel is located at the southest part of Athens Riviera, in Sounio. Just under the ancient Temple of Poseidon and enjoying the unique privilege to be on a natural sandy beach, Aegeon hotel claim a superb sea view of the world known sunset of Sounio.
By car from Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport.
- Follow the sign that says Markopoulo, it's on your left. Take the Markopoulo exit.
- Upon exiting stay on course and follow the sing that says Keratea-Lavrio. Your destination is Lavrio.
Pass Lavrio and go towards Sounio. After 9km, pass the first crossroad and stay on the right handsite.
After 200m on your left you'll find Aegeon beach hotel, under the Temple of Poseidon on the seashore
By car from Athens
There are 2 ways , by cost and by inland
By coast: Follow the signs that says Sounio through Vouliagmeni Ave. or through Glyfada town
From both ways you meet Varkiza , you turn left and you stay on cource following the sign for Sounio
Before the 68th km Athens-Sounio Ave. you will see the Temple of Poseidon overlooking the place
Aegeon hotel is just under the Temple
By inland: Enter the Attiki road and folllow the sign that says Markopoulo.
Then use the same informations from the Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport above.
Points of interest
- Temple of Poseidon : 200 m , 10min walking the ancient path
- Lavrio town-port : 9 km , 10 min by car
- Athens Intern. Airport : 38 km , 40 min by car
- Athens center : 68 km , 50-60 min by car